Massachusetts Smoke and Carbon Requirements Updated 2016

In December of 2016 Massachusetts updated the requirements for smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.

You need to have a smoke and carbon certificate to sell in MA

Hello, it’s a beautiful day to talk about real estate.

I just wanted to talk a little bit about smoke and
carbon monoxide detectors.

That’s something that everyone needs to get when they sell their
home. You need to get a certificate from your local
Fire Department before you can close on a property.

The type of detectors that you’re going to need is going to
depend on when your home was built, what type of property
it is, whether it’s a two family, three family, whatever the
case might be.

There are specific requirements based on that, the type
of detector you’ll need, and where it needs to be located.

I do have some information on my website and I’m going to
include the link here so you can click on that and get more
information on it.

If you are going to be selling a property, or if you’re buying
and you are responsible for those requirements. Not usually,
but that happens sometimes.

There’s more information for you, I don’t know above me, below me somewhere here, there’s more information and a link for you.
Thanks, talk to you soon and have a beautiful day.

Karen McLinden
Beautiful Day Real Estate

MA Smoke and Carbon Requirements Updated 2016 PDF DOWNLOAD

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The owner of this website has made a commitment to accessibility and inclusion, please report any problems that you encounter using the contact form on this website. This site uses the WP ADA Compliance Check plugin to enhance accessibility.
Verified by MonsterInsights